Dear Pastors, Missionaries, Chaplains and friends,
Steve here… Look at the stats. You’ll find that French nations have some of the lowest numbers of evangelical Christians in comparison to other nations. France is only 1% evangelical, and in Quebec only 0.8% of French Canadians identify themselves as evangelical Christians. There are only about 75,000 believers in a province of over eight million people. The spiritual needs are staggering.
Our Fellowship’s 2014 Project is seeking to address this spiritual need. Our annual project is: “Refueling the Mission: Destination—Francophone World”.
I’m asking you to give to this project early in 2014. Please consider a “Project 2014 Sunday”, where your church members are informed of the need. We have a short video you can use and brochures that can be handed out. Please prayerfully consider this need and give generously.
There are five foci in Project 2014, as follows:
1. A church plant in Le Plateau, Québec, with church planters Brad and Emily Morrice. Our goal is to $30,000.
2. A church plant in LaSalle (Montréal), with church planters Richard and Janice Houle. Our goal is $30,000.
3. A church plant in Val d’Europe, France (near Paris), with church planters Pierre and Jeanine Bolduc. Our goal is $30,000.
4. An evangelist to reach the cities of Rouyn-Noranda and Val-d’Or in Northwest Québec. Our goal is $30,000.
5. St. Jerome, Québec church renovation, with church planters Jacob Mathieu and Rob Karsh. Our goal is $30,000.
Please take the opportunity to watch our Project 2014 Video and read more about Project 2014 on our website. We would love to help you host a Fellowship Project 2014 Sunday in the next several months. If you’re interested, please contact us.
Keep praying for the salvation of French Canadians. In 2011, the Joshua project indicated that English Canadians identified themselves as 16% evangelical, while French Canadians were still at 0.8%. The spiritual need is obvious. Canadians need to commit to reach Canadians for Christ. Thanks for praying about your involvement.
Have a blessed week,
Our 2014 Fellowship theme verse is:
“Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13 :35 (NLT)