A Word From Steve Jones
June 11th, 2019
Do the tough stuff and God will be there.
We have felt the Holy Spirit with us and seen him at work with many many things. I will list a few of some of them:
- God put Luis in our path. Luis is a 25 year old civil engineer that just graduated and is unemployed and looking for work. He speaks English perfectly and knows the city of Siguatepeque very well. He has been instrumental in taxiing us around and getting us everything we need and translating for us when required. His father is a pastor and he is a believer with a very kind spirit. We are all thrilled to have him help us all week.
- Great worship and devotions and prayer, it has been a fantastic spiritual retreat with our daily devotions and singing that is very Spirit led.
- We got exactly the right amount of brick and gravel.
- Everything fell into place so nicely.
- Everyone healthy and strong capable of doing the task assigned to them.
- Great harmony among the team no issues everyone getting along.
- we have seen spiritual growth in the team especially the youth.
- Finding the green house where they will help the home continue to educate and grow the crops.
- We were treated to Emma playing the guitar at our worship time.
The greenhouse is 90% complete with beans being planted and some tomato and cauliflower transplants in the ground.
Tina and Melodie are thrilled as well as all of the kids. Gabriel seems quite thrilled as well.
pray that God uses this garden and it thrives and produces and abundance for the home and they have a surplus to offset their needs.
The irrigation system is 90% complete it is set up to capture the run off off the cooks shed roof and feed into a 1100 liter tank that feeds 180 feet of 1 inch PVC into the green-house where there is a vertical riser with two outlets one for buckets and one for a hose. we are praying for rain to see it work. The system will also be tied into the town system today that will allow filling the tank when there is no rain. (pics below)
Painting of the rocks and trees continues and makes quite a difference in the area. Makes it very welcoming.