Hey Friends, Family and Prayer Partners:
I received an email from a new prayer partner and friend in the U.K. this week. He asked if I would send him regular updates for prayer and resource needs. In the middle of writing those I was convicted that we have so many people, churches and family who support us in prayer and resources that really might like a more frequent and succinct updates on what is happening with our family, the church and our other church plant efforts; I know many of you pick up what is needed via our facebook pages, private emails, or other means. But I am hoping a quick once a month email will help to keep the most important items in your prayers.
BTW- if you don't wish to receive a quick monthly prayer and praise I won't be offended just reply with a please take me off your contact list- I realize you probably get plenty of emails in the run of a month.
A few quick PAXnorth and Family prayer requests/praises:
- We continue to see growth in numbers each week. Praying that people will be challenged in the context of connecting in on Sunday and that our people will make active effort in relationships so that people will move into various places of discipleship quickly and not be able to sit on the peripherals for long.
- Prayer needed for wisdom of what to do next in relation to capacity for our worship space. We looked into renting a space directly across the street from our current space but it would mean $4000 a month more in rental (we already pay $2000monthly) which is way out of our league right now. Also for our leadership development capacities to continue to grow.
- This year it's our goal to have in place our first official elder; Our first official membership role and to plant our first official church out of PAXnorth. Need prayer to see these goals through and see them be a continued indication of growing as a healthy church.
- We had a great COMMUNITY DAY last Sunday! Over 350 people came out to enjoy good food, music, arts, kids events, and just connect. SO important in high risk communities to get people groups together so that there can be a greater sense of knowing each other and beginning to bridge the gaps of trust. Pray for many of those who attended who indicated they would like to check the church out.- PRAY FOR PEACE in our neighbourhoods.
- Prayer for a couple of very sinfully messy situations that we are journeying through with a few people in our church.
- Pray for our family and the church right now who is feeling the crunch of a very tight cash flow. As we continue to expand and need more practical resources it makes it hard to run sufficient programs and difficult on family resources as we learn to trust God in the sacrifices.
BIG PRAISE FOR GOD's FAITHFULNESS in multiplying our simple and often stumbling efforts!
lead PAXnorth Church